Guild of Adirondack Artists
Welcome to the Guild of Adirondack Artists.The GAA was founded in 1973 by a group of well respected artists in the Glens Falls Region of the lower Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York. The membership consists of artists who wish to share in exhibitions, encourage high standards for works of art, while strengthening the rapport between the artists and our community. It continues to prosper with 30 continuous members today.
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
New Year News
Monday, November 21, 2022
News Updates Annual Meeting & more...
Great turn out for our Annual Meeting September 22, 2022. We welcomed Sue Beadle to our Group.
· Fred Holman has been asked to “Master Plan” the Shirt Factory Murals Project. That’s cool!
· Fred Holman, Ruth Crotty, Sandra Jabaut and Sue Beadle to be exhibiting at the Saratoga Arts Members Show. Nov. 18th – Jan. 7, 2023. Reception” Thursday, Nov. 17, 5 – 7pm
· LARAC to secure former “Mountain Gallery” adding to exhibiting opportunities! (In the works)
· Sue Beadle & Janine Thomas participated in the “Landscapes for Landsakes” exhibit in Cambridge, NY October 8,9 & 10.
· Stu Eichel will be featured in the “518” Magazine January issue. Also, Stu has been invited to a one person exhibit in the main Gallery of Saratoga Arts sometime 2023! Woo Hoo!
· Sandra Jabaut is currently exhibiting at the Caldwell Library in Lake George.
· Ruth Crotty is currently exhibiting at the William K Sanford Library in Colonie.
· PAADK (Plein Air Adirondack) is currently showing at the Crandall Public Library Friend’s Gallery for the month of November.
Friday, August 5, 2022
Annual GAA Members Show is up!
|"Remnants of the Golden Corn" Bev Saunders Pastel $325|
|"Flower Spirit" Sandra Jabaut oil $350|
|"Eagle Lake" Joan Reid Oil $550|
|"Pete in Harness" Janine Thomas $400|
|"Vantage Point" Diane Swanson W/C Pen/Ink NFS|
|"Green Portal" Diane Swanson |
W/C Pen/Ink $410
|"Fourth of July Skit/Wiawaka" Nancy Powhida $400|
|"Shine" Oils/Mixed Media Adelaide Liebold $250|
|"Just Passing Through" Oil Adelaide Leibold $350|
|"Follow Me" Mixed Media Adelaide Leibold $300|
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Solo Show at Ti Arts
Flux and Flow
Jenny Hutchinson Contemporary artist and new member has solo exhibition at Ti Arts in Ticonderoga, NY
Opening Reception Friday, June 24, 5-7pm
June 22 - July 9th
Jenny will also be showing at the Clement Art Gallery in Troy, NY Group show
July 26 - August 19
July 1 - 31 - Caldwell Library Lake George, GAA Members works inspired by Georgia O'Keeffe
July 8-17 – The Whitings’ Barnful of Art in Argyle. Opening reception July 8. Happens in conjunction with Artisans of Washington County tour July 8,9,10, 10am-5pm
(tour sites only open to Washington County residents).https://www.facebook.com/events/468004605132455
July 23 – Adirondack Pastel Society hosts annual Plein Air Event and Art Sale at Wiawaka.
Come and paint (and swim, relax, enjoy the company of artist friends) and then participate
in art sale 5-7pm. Day use fee for Wiawaka is only $15.
at Saratoga Springs Library.
July 1-31 – Sandy Jabaut solo show in NCA’s Second Floor Gallery, City Hall, Glens Falls
August 3-September 4 – Diane Swanson solo exhibit “Northern Aesthetic” at Adirondack Lakes Center
for the Arts, Blue Mountain Lake, NY. Reception on August 20, 2-4pm.
Aug. 1-31 - Crandall Public Library Friends Gallery: Members Show
Thursday, April 7, 2022
Join us and see new works by the Guild ADK of Artists
|Elemental Harmony ~ Diane Swanson|
Right Before the Rain ~ Diane Swanson
Eos ~ Dolores Thomson $250
Selene ~ Dolores Thomson $200
Ceres ~ Dolores Thomson $200
Below ~ Fred Holman ~ Oil
Below ~ Wiawaka Cottage ~ Connie Dodge ~ Pastel
|"Summer Woods" Acrylic Nancy Powhida|
|"Summer at Lake George Wiawaka" Nancy Powhida|
|"Crane Gathering" Nancy Powhida|
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
It is with great sorrow that we had to say goodbye....
...to Elizabeth "Betty" Obrien
(This is a delayed post, meant to have published on August 23, 2021)
Betty was a founding member and served our group throughout the years with her magnificent art and teaching talents! We will always remember her and what she contributed to our art community! RIP